FEBRUARY 19, 2023 LGCC ANNUAL CONGREGATION MEETING MINUTES
- Luke Merwin led the congregation in worship, we sang Amazing Grace.
- Chairman Jeff Brask announced that there was a quorum.
- Elder Jesse DeSoto led the congregation in prayer.
- Jeff Brask introduced the staff and the elders.
- There was a motion to waive reading of the prior-year minutes by Laurie Potter, second by Jim Brand - it passed unanimously.
ELDER BOARD REPORT
- Jeff Brask presented the elder report.
- Elder Brad Mayer presented the playground update report.
- Votes were cast regarding the elder board for the coming year.
- The functions of the elder board were commented on by several of the elders.
ELECTION AND AFFIRMATION OF ELDERS
- 57 voted unanimously, with two voting against Dave and one voting against John and Jesse.
FINANCIAL REPORT 2022
- Trustee Alan Blankshain gave the financial report.
- There was a motion by Dan Kaibel, seconded by Marty Buckely to accept the financial report.
- Alan Blankshain presented the 2023 budget to the congregation.
- Ballots were cast and 56 voted to approve the budget with two voting no.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY REPORT
- Cindy Disney-Gainey presented the children’s ministry report.
- She spoke about the children learning the Bible and the Bible characters through Bible story songs and skits.
- The goal is to have the gospel come alive through Sunday school teaching.
Women's Ministry Report
- The woman’s ministry has been turned over to Lily and her committee.
COMMUNITY LIFE AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH REPORT
- The community life report by Santiago was not presented orally but was contained in the package.
- The results of the voting for elder board the voting on the budget were presented by John McCauley.
- Elders were retained.
- The 2023 budget was approved.
SENIOR PASTOR REPORT
- There was a video presentation of the church activity over the past year.
- Pastor Dell Modder gave the senior pastor report.
- Sometimes we go backward in order to go forward and grow. Growth can be painful. We must be faithful in our goal to love Jesus love people and share the gospel. Are we willing to press through the challenges?
- Pastor Modder spoke of the vision team. As members of the team we must first deal with ourselves then form into triads, three-person teams. Soon we will form into two groups for the ultimate purpose to go into the community. Our goal is to do something genuine and authentic. What God grows in us and through us will last a long time.
- Kudos to Amanda for her excellent job with the video.
- He then led the congregation in prayer with Bryn Ewing
- Questions were then taken regarding transparency, financial costs and a possible disconnect between older members and new members. It was suggested that a spiritual gifts assessment be conducted for the church congregation.
- The VBS this summer will be going into a new format called “the five day club”.
- Songs by the Fire will be a one-day event this year.
- Regarding the youth ministry question and it was pointed out that the children must show up to support our volunteer leaders.
- There will be no Ash Wednesday service this year.
THE CLOSING OF THE MEETING
- There was a motion by Bill Parmer and seconded by Sandy McCauley to adjourn the meeting and it passed unanimously.