Long Grove Community Church is a beautiful country church, the perfect setting for your special day. The historic sanctuary, built in 1848, can comfortably accommodate up to 150 guests and twelve attendants and is wheelchair accessible. A balcony provides additional seating as well as vantage for photography and videography. Spacious rooms and a kitchen are available for bridal party preparation and staging before the ceremony. Additionally, on warm summer days, you can celebrate your wedding day in air-conditioned comfort.
- minister and facility
- organ accompaniment (see Wedding Music below)
- formal rehearsal (the night before or the day of the wedding)
- wedding seminar
You are allowed
- aisle runner (35 feet)
- participating clergy
- release of doves and/or butterflies
- your own music (approval required prior to wedding)
- flowers on the altar and outside railing
- unity candles or mixing of sand
We do not allow
bubbles, bird seed, rice, dropping of flower petals (real or artificial), bows or flowers on the pews, or animals.
For more information, please contact Sue Adams, wedding coordinator,
at 847-634-3635 on Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, or via e-mail.
- Weddings cannot be booked more than one year in advance.
- You are required to meet in person with the wedding coordinator who will provide information about obtaining your marriage license, restrictions on the use of the church, and the wedding seminar. Payment in full will be required at that time and will lock-in your date and time.
- If you cancel the wedding at least 90 days prior to the wedding date, you will receive a full refund less a $50 cancellation fee.
- Attendance at a wedding seminar is required. It is held on Saturday several times throughout the year. Contact the church office to register at least one week prior to the seminar.
- Couples will meet with the officiating pastor approximately 2 to 4 weeks prior to the wedding date. During this one-hour meeting, logistics of the wedding ceremony and selection of your wedding music will be discussed.